If you’re planning a trip to Benidorm, congratulations! You’re in for a treat. This charming seaside town on the Mediterranean coast of Spain is a popular destination for sun-seekers, beach lovers, and adventure enthusiasts alike. Whether you’re planning a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or a solo trip, Benidorm has something to offer everyone. And with a well-connected airport, getting there is a breeze. Here’s everything you need to know about flying to Benidorm.
Getting to the airport
If you’re flying to Benidorm, you’ll likely arrive at Alicante-Elche Airport (ALC), which is located about 35 km south of the city. The airport is well-connected to the surrounding area, with several options for getting to Benidorm. Here are a few of the most popular options:
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the arrivals terminal and offer a convenient, if slightly pricier, option for getting to Benidorm. Expect to pay around €60 for the one-way journey.
- bus: If you’re looking to save some money, you can take the bus from outside the arrivals terminal to Benidorm. The journey takes about an hour and costs around €4 each way.
- rental car: Renting a car is a good option if you plan to explore the surrounding area, but keep in mind that traffic can be heavy in the summer months.
- private transfer: If you’d like to avoid the hassle of navigating public transportation, you can book a private transfer in advance. This will usually pick you up directly from the airport and drop you off at your accommodation in Benidorm.
Booking your flight
When it comes to booking your flight, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are some tips to help you get the best deal:
- book in advance: The earlier you book your flight, the more likely you are to get a good deal. Aim to book at least a few weeks in advance, especially if you’re traveling during peak season (June-August).
- be flexible with your dates: If you have some flexibility in your travel dates, you may be able to find cheaper flights. Try searching for flights on weekdays, rather than weekends, and consider traveling outside of peak season if possible.
- compare prices: With so many airlines and online travel agencies to choose from, it’s important to compare prices before booking. Make sure to check several different websites and airlines to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
- check for hidden fees: When comparing prices, be sure to check for hidden fees, such as baggage fees or seat selection fees, which can add up quickly.
Once you’ve booked your flight, it’s a good idea to double-check your flight details and pack your bags. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, and a hat, as you’ll likely spend a lot of time outside exploring the beautiful beaches and sights of Benidorm.
Flying to Benidorm is a breeze with Alicante-Elche Airport offering several convenient transportation options to get you to the city. With some planning and preparation, you can find the best flight deals and have a fantastic time in this wonderful seaside town. Happy travels!