North Macedonia is a beautiful country located in the Balkans, offering a mix of history, nature, and culture. Here’s a friendly guide to help you plan your holiday in North Macedonia:
- Skopje: The capital city of North Macedonia is a perfect blend of modern and historical architecture. You can visit the Stone Bridge, a medieval bridge connecting the old town with the new town. The old town has many Ottoman-era buildings, including the Mustafa Pasha Mosque. Also, don’t miss the famous Skopje Fortress, which offers stunning views of the city.
- Ohrid: A UNESCO World Heritage site, Ohrid is known for its stunning lake and historic town. The city has many ancient churches and monasteries, including St. John at Kaneo and the Monastery of St. Naum. Take a stroll along the promenade, which offers stunning views of the lake, and enjoy the local cuisine, including fresh trout from the lake.
- Bitola: This charming city is known for its picturesque architecture and vibrant nightlife. Visit the Old Bazaar, which has been in operation for hundreds of years, and sample the local cuisine, including traditional dishes like ajvar and tavče gravče.
- Mavrovo National Park: For nature lovers, this park is a must-visit. It offers breathtaking views of the Mavrovo Lake and the surrounding mountains, and is a great place for hiking and camping.
- Struga: Located on the shores of Lake Ohrid, Struga is a small town known for its beautiful waterfront promenade and its many cultural events, including the annual Struga Poetry Evenings.
- Berovo: This small town is a popular destination for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. It offers a peaceful atmosphere and is surrounded by beautiful mountains and lakes.
- Pelister National Park: Located in the western part of the country, this park is known for its stunning mountain scenery and its diverse flora and fauna. It’s a great place for trekking and exploring the natural beauty of North Macedonia.
So, pack your bags and get ready for a memorable holiday in North Macedonia! The country offers something for everyone, from history buffs to nature lovers, and the friendly locals will make sure you have an unforgettable experience.