G’day and welcome to Papua New Guinea! If you’re looking for a holiday that’s off the beaten path and full of adventure, then you’ve come to the right place. This tropical paradise is home to some of the most diverse landscapes and cultures on the planet, and there’s no shortage of things to see and do here.
Here are a few key things to keep in mind when planning your trip:
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Papua New Guinea is during the dry season, which runs from May to October. This is the best time to see the country’s many stunning landscapes, including its lush rainforests and vibrant coral reefs.
- Getting there: The capital city of Port Moresby is the main entry point for most visitors to Papua New Guinea, and there are daily flights to and from other major cities in the region, including Sydney and Brisbane.
- Getting around: Once you’re in the country, the best way to get around is by hiring a car or a driver. This will allow you to explore the many different regions of the country at your own pace and on your own schedule.
- Accommodation: There’s a wide range of accommodation options available in Papua New Guinea, ranging from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxury resorts. Whether you’re looking for a place to stay for a few nights or for an extended stay, you’re sure to find something that fits your needs and budget.
- Things to see and do:
- Visit the Kokoda Track, a historic trail that winds its way through the lush rainforest and over the rugged Owen Stanley Range.
- Explore the vibrant culture of the indigenous people, including the Huli Wigmen and the Asaro Mudmen.
- Visit the Tufi Dive Resort, a world-renowned dive destination that’s home to some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling in the world.
- Take a boat tour of the Sepik River, one of the largest rivers in the country and a great place to see the local wildlife and cultures.
- Visit the capital city of Port Moresby and see the National Museum and Art Gallery, which is home to a collection of cultural artifacts and traditional art.
Overall, there’s no shortage of things to see and do in Papua New Guinea, and with its diverse landscapes and vibrant cultures, it’s the perfect destination for anyone looking for a unique and unforgettable holiday experience. So pack your bags, grab your sunscreen, and get ready to explore this incredible country!