Are you ready to plan your dream holiday to Peru? Well, buckle up because you’re in for an amazing adventure!
Peru is a country rich in history, culture, and natural beauty. From Machu Picchu, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, to the vibrant streets of Lima, there’s so much to see and do. Here’s your guide to making the most of your time in Peru.
- Start in Lima: This vibrant city is the perfect starting point for your Peru adventure. Don’t miss the historic center, with its stunning colonial architecture, and the bustling markets of Miraflores. Be sure to try some of the local cuisine, including ceviche, a popular seafood dish.
- Explore the Amazon: Peru is home to the Amazon rainforest, one of the most biodiverse areas in the world. Take a tour to see the diverse wildlife, including monkeys, parrots, and jaguars, and learn about the local indigenous communities.
- Visit Machu Picchu: No trip to Peru is complete without a visit to Machu Picchu, the “Lost City of the Incas.” This ancient ruin, perched high in the Andes, is a must-see for history and nature lovers alike.
- Discover the Sacred Valley: The Sacred Valley of the Incas is a stunning region filled with lush green valleys, towering mountains, and ancient ruins. Be sure to visit the town of Ollantaytambo, an ancient Inca settlement, and the impressive fortress of Sacsayhuaman.
- Try Peruvian cuisine: Peru is known for its diverse and delicious cuisine, so be sure to try as much of it as you can! From ceviche to lomo saltado, you’ll be spoiled for choice. And don’t forget to sample some of the local drinks, like pisco sour and chicha, a traditional corn-based beverage.
- Get off the beaten path: While Peru has plenty of famous attractions, there’s so much more to see beyond the well-trodden tourist trail. Head to the northern coast to see the giant sand dunes of Huacachina, or to the south to visit the mysterious Nazca Lines.
- Respect the culture: Peru is a country with a rich and diverse culture, and it’s important to respect the local way of life. Be mindful of local customs and traditions, and don’t hesitate to ask your guide or local friends for advice.
So there you have it, your guide to a fantastic holiday in Peru! With so much to see and do, you’re sure to have an adventure of a lifetime. Safe travels!