Are you thinking of visiting Serbia for your next holiday? Great choice! Serbia is a beautiful country located in Southeast Europe and has a rich history, culture and natural wonders. This guide will give you all the information you need to make your trip to Serbia unforgettable.
Getting to Serbia:
The capital city of Serbia, Belgrade, has an international airport, Nikola Tesla Airport, which is connected to many major cities in Europe. You can also reach Serbia by train or bus from other cities in Europe.
There are plenty of accommodation options in Serbia, ranging from budget-friendly hostels to luxury hotels. You can choose to stay in the city or in one of the many quaint towns or villages in the countryside.
Things to see and do:
- Belgrade: Start your trip with a visit to the capital city of Belgrade. Explore the old town, Kalemegdan Park and the famous Kalemegdan Fortress.
- Novi Sad: Visit the second-largest city in Serbia and take a stroll along the Danube River. Don’t miss the stunning Petrovaradin Fortress.
- Niš: This city is known for its Roman heritage, including the stunning Mediana archaeological site.
- Mount Fruska Gora: Take a day trip to this beautiful mountain range, known for its scenic views, vineyards and monasteries.
- Lakes of Vlasina: Admire the stunning views of these high-altitude lakes and take a dip in the crystal-clear waters.
Food and drink:
Serbia is known for its delicious cuisine, including traditional dishes such as “ćevapi” (grilled meat) and “sarma” (stuffed cabbage leaves). Wash it down with some locally produced wine or rakija (fruit brandy).
Serbia has a temperate climate with four distinct seasons. Summer is warm and sunny, while winter can be cold and snowy, especially in the mountains.
Culture and customs:
Serbian people are friendly and hospitable, and their culture is a mix of traditional and modern. They take pride in their rich history, music and dance, and love to celebrate at festivals and events throughout the year.
In conclusion, Serbia is a beautiful country with plenty to offer for all types of travellers. Whether you’re looking for history, culture, or just a relaxing holiday, Serbia has it all. I hope this guide has given you a good idea of what to expect and I wish you a fantastic trip!